In the online marketing system there is what is called a sales conversion. The term sales conversion refers to a visitor who takes further action on your website or online store. Sales conversion measurements are carried out differently depending on the nature and purpose of the business. Therefore, there are different ways to increase sales conversions.
For example, a company with an online store measures the success of its sales conversions by the number of clicks on the “add to cart” button. So the company considers that potential customers filling out forms on the homepage are an increase in conversions. For a website, the form is usually only intended to get information from potential customers.
With an increase in sales conversions, you will certainly get a greater return on investment. That is why to increase sales conversion, companies will use various methods. Here are 4 effective ways that can be applied in your company to increase sales conversions through the website.
Do A/B Testing
Experimentation is the best way to reduce the risk of errors in decision making. By conducting experiments first, it will provide space for the marketing team to innovate and explore new opportunities. One of the experimental methods that can be taken is A/B testing. A/B testing or split testing is a technique to increase your site’s conversions by testing two things given.
There are times when you have two possible headlines to display on your homepage and you can’t decide which one to use. So use A/B testing to see which works better. Make two alternative versions (A and B) each with a different title at any given time. A/B testing software directs website traffic in equal portions of 50% to version A and 50% to version B. At the end you will count how many people took action on version A, as well as on version B. To improve sales conversion, you need to know which options are working and which are not.
Give Attractive Offers
Prospective customers often ask questions such as “What’s the benefit of buying your product?” and “Why should I buy from you?”. Potential customers have expectations, wants, needs and special points. So you have to give them an offer according to their needs and wants.
You need to do some reflection to find out what your product can provide to meet customer needs and wants but still have something unique. Communicate the uniqueness and filter it as best you can until you can articulate it in one sentence that is instantly believable. Try to be different from competitors. No need to stand out in all areas, at least your product must excel in one element that can attract potential customers.
Use Short and Clear Sentences
Never seduce potential customers with fancy business language but it turns out to be complicated and difficult to understand. This of course will not work. Greet potential customers on your web page with short and clear words. Never string words together as if you were speaking to a company.
But make sentences as you would talk to humans. The best way to change the marketing sentence on your website is to imagine you are explaining your product to a close friend. As Paul Graham, a successful entrepreneur and author, puts it, “write as you speak.”
Choose the Right Leader
Sales and marketing of your business will be successful if you have the right leader. In addition to your product or service which must be of high quality, the team in your business also has a big influence on the success of your business. You, the leader along with his team must be able to maximize conversion results.
The headline of your website must be considered. It is the first impression that can make or break a website’s image. Use a title that is clear and has unique and interesting proportions, it can even provide a solution to the audience’s problems. You can also put promos or offers for the audience in the headlines of your website. Avoid words that cannot be understood.
Also show the advantages of your product or service. Usually prospective buyers will compare one product with another. You must be able to find out and make your product or service has advantages compared to others.
Include important points in the registration form on your website. If your form is too long and has lots of questions, it will discourage your audience from continuing with registration. Questions must also match your data needs and don’t ask questions that may offend your audience.
Lack of trust in your product or company is one of the reasons why people won’t buy from you. According to the Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab, there are 10 ways to increase potential customers’ trust in you, including:
- Build the credibility of the content displayed on the website This can be achieved by including the source of the quote, testimonial or article that you present.
- Show that there is a real organization behind the website. The easiest way to do this is to have a physical address, display a photo of your office or display an official permit from the government or trade association.
- Highlight your excellence in the content and services you provide. Do you have an expert in your company? Are you affiliated with a bona fide company? Show this in your website to add value to the sale.
- Reachable. Provide clear contact information such as a phone number, physical address, email address or social media. With this, potential customers know that your company is a trustworthy company because it is ready to be contacted whenever needed.
- Design your website more professionally. Prospective consumers tend to judge a company from the first impression when they see the visual appearance. When designing you should pay attention to layout, typography, images, consistency and so on. A website that looks amateurish will reduce the interest and trust of potential customers to choose to invest with you.
- Make your website easy to use and more useful. Some companies sometimes forget the intended audience. By serving the ego of the company or trying to show the amazing things they can do through the website but are not needed.
- Update content as often as possible. Today people constantly want something new. Therefore, if you have a blog on your website, make sure the content is updated regularly.
- Reduce the intensity of advertising on the website. If you must show ads, clearly distinguish which content is sponsored and which is your content.
- Avoid all kinds of mistakes, no matter how small. Spelling errors and inaccessible links will lower the credibility of your website more than most people imagine. Potential customers may think your website is unreliable.
Those were seven effective ways that can be taken to increase sales conversions. However, even if you have used these seven methods, do not immediately expect instant results. It’s okay if no one takes a follow-up action in the early days of your marketing. As long as you are still trying to fix and provide something new on your website, consumers will gradually recognize and look for your product.
It’s the same with company finances. The difficulty of the stages of managing finances and the lack of time should not be used as an excuse so that you do not want to manage finances well. Because these difficulties will eventually become easier if you do it regularly. Especially now that financial management has been made easier with accounting software technology.